Pack for Sturgis Tips & enjoy the 2021 Sturgis Rally Kickoff at the Flying Piston Benefit Builders Breakfast on August 8th at the Buffalo Chip
What’s in the bags? Here is a list of essential items for the road ahead:
- Underclothing for Each Day
- 2 Jeans + multiple t-shirts
- Toiletries & Sunscreen
- Arm Sleeves and Neck Coverings for the Sun
- Rain Gear (Jacket, Pants, Booties, and Bike Cover)
- Leather (Gloves, boots, vest, jacket)
- Rain Sock (for Air Cleaner)
- Gloves for different weather + oversized latex gloves to put over your riding gloves in the rain
- Tool Kit & Extra Hardware
- AAA Card / Cell Phone
- Extra Bungee Cords & Straps
- Tire gauge and tire repair kit – just in case.
- Extra bike key
- Paper funnel
- HOKO Holistics CBD TIncture
- Cash, Credit Cards for the Flying Piston Benefit Auction
Our Luggage Picks
From duffle bags to luggage, everything has its purpose. We like the Leather from Leatherworks INC. Like this 120 SPECIAL SLIGHT ANGLE LEATHER SADDLEBAGS.
The 120 Saddlebag has been customized to include a padlock, key lock, gun holster, cell phone case, and basket weave. The benefit is you can take them in at night and keep them locked during the day.
Another benefit: if you go down, the leather takes the impact and saves your paint.
We also like their selection of tool bags and roll bags. The best thing about all of this bike-specific luggage is that when you arrive at your destination, you can simply unstrap and unlock and you are good to go.
On the Road Again
When it comes to long trips, staying prepared is always a priority. It’s better to have something and not need it then than to need something you don’t have. Packing the essentials allows you to focus on the journey.
Additional Pack for Sturgis Tips
- Camping: Buy back pack products as they save a lot of space
- Rolling your clothes just takes up less space than folding them
- Less Is More—Only bring the bare essentials
- Develop a System—You need a system so that you always know where to find the things you need to access quickly and easily
- Bring an empty Bag—You will be bringing stuff back, plan for it